1. Define Your Goals
It is critical that you begin the planning process for the promotional giveaway by defining your goals. Similar to how an outline keeps your essay on track, a plan will allow you to keep within your predetermined lines. With defined goals you will able to specifically design a successful plan.
- What should your outcome be?
- Do you hope to drive traffic back to your website or social media outlets?
- Should you focus on improving brand image?
- Will this be an opportunity to reach new customers?
2. Plan Customer Involvement
With any successful promotional giveaway, the most important aspect is customer involvement. This is the time to focus on engagement with your customers, giving them a reason to be interested in your company. There is many ways to get your customers interested in the giveaway, from huge discounts to personalized gifts, but these will depend on the goals you have set and the nature of the promotion itself.
- What will you give away? You can give away discounts for various products, gift cards or actual items. If you are giving away physical items and looking ways to customize it with your company logo, Awards and More has a variety of promotional products that we can customized to fit any of your needs.
- How will they enter? With a promotion based around your social sites you can encourage social media engagement.
- What is the goal for the customer? Decided what they have to do to win. Some option may include: “Submit the best photo of you with our product” or “Write the best poem about us and post it on our Facebook page.”
3. Choose Your Start Date
The dates you choose to run your promotional giveaway campaign will depend on a variety of factors. You might want to consider incorporating a large or important event to draw attention to your business in as many ways as possible.
- Tradeshows: With an eager crowd, you already have a built in audience. Try doing a small giveaway as a part of your larger plan to get people talking.
- Special Events: These offer a great opportunity to increase awareness of your brand. As a sponsor of events, such as a local or national sporting event, you’ll be getting a lot effective attention.
- Anniversary: Celebrate the anniversary of your company by thanking your customers. This will tie the giveaway closely with your business and shows customer appreciation, as well as increase brand recognition.
4. Get Promoting
The final piece of your giveaway is to actually promote it. Simply get the word out to your customers and this will be enough to get things started. Make sure to spread the word on every platform you can.
- Explain how the giveaway will work, whether it be via Facebook update, tweet, website, brochures, etc.
- Give details about what they’ll get so they know what to expect.
- Get customers excited by highlighting those who are “in the lead,” etc.
If you take these few basic steps when planning your next promotional giveaway you will be off to a successful start! Awards and More has a variety of options for promotional products to ensure your promotional giveaway is a success as well!